It is very common especially as we get older for our wrists and hands to hurt . It can be due to a number of reasons such as arthritis, repetitive strain etc. Many hairdressers suffer with this in the early stages and as they age the pain will increase. Also with the use of mobile phones/ computers being used even more it is expected that painful wrists will be on the increase.
HINTS AND TIPS to help ease this condition.
- We don’t have many big muscles in our hands. But we still need to strengthen around the joints to take the pressure away. This can be done by strengthening both the biceps and triceps.
- If you are doing any floor work roll up your mat into a cylinder shape and place hands over. Or do it on your knuckles.
- There are lots of exercises you can do that are beneficial for your wrists. Please check out my 6 min YouTube video. The link is at the bottom of the website.
- You will need some equipment such as a spikey ball a band and a light weight. The excercises I have shown you in the video need to be done regularly to be of benefit to your hands and wrists. We strengthen other body parts but always forget about our forearms.
- As with all excercise you are having a flare up. Rest and Ice to decrease the inflammation. Keep hydrated and keep off fatty foods, alcohol and caffeine. Turmeric – Ginger -Peppermint will all help reduce inflammation.
Thank you for reading. Please check out my video on YouTube for daily exercise for wrists and hands.